Fly Dive Cod Hole
Australia’s Cod Hole Dive – Best Marine Biodiversity! Outstanding visibility and big fish. Certified divers enjoy up to 12 scuba dives PLUS see the reef from the air on a scenic flight! Passengers fly out to Lizard Island from Cairns and return by boat.
This tour is suitably advanced level certified divers. This tour is not ideal for snorkelers. Tours depart Mondays at 7 am from Cairns (for transfer to the airport). Return by boat Thursdays at 8 am at Trinity Wharf, Cairns (courtesy inner city hotel transfers).
Please contact us regarding availability
- Budget Cabin: Twin bunk beds, shared bathroom facilities
- Club Cabin: Twin bunk beds, ensuite bathroom facilities
- Standard Cabin: Two single beds, private ensuite & ocean views
- Premium Cabin: Double bed, private ensuite & ocean views
*Note – Budget Cabin automatically assigned unless a different accommodation option is selected upon booking
For a luxury liveaboard tour, click HERE!
- Flying Start – Spectacular 250km low-level scenic flight over the reef from Cairns to Lizard Island.
- Continental Shelf – Dive 100 miles north of Cairns on the edge of the shelf where nutrient-rich waters attract rich marine life.
- Lizard & North Direction Island – Choose to dive, snorkel, kayak or set foot on these beautiful and rarely visited remote islands. These fringing reefs offer a different diving experience to the ribbon reefs with fabulous biodiversity of soft and hard corals, critters and schooling fish. Kayak to deserted beaches or snorkel above the shallow coral gardens. Step back in time at the ruins of Mrs Watsons Cottage; stroll along the Pandanis palms boardwalk up to Chinaman’s Ridge for magnificent views of the island and reefs below.
- Ribbon Reefs – a prized region of the Great Barrier Reef, with excellent fish & coral biodiversity.
- Cod Hole – Swim with diver size potato cod.
- Iconic Dive Sites – Lighthouse Bommie, Gotham City, Pixie Pinnacle,
Coral Kingdom, Cracker Jack, Flare Point, Summer Bay.
- Steve’s Bommie – a highlight with incredible marine biodiversity, both large and small.
Sample itinerary, subject to change based on conditions.
Monday: (2 dives + night dive)
- Check in at our office (3 Abbott St, Cairns) between 6:30 and 7am.
- 7:15 am: Transfer to Cairns Airport.
- 8.00 am: Board a light aircraft for a low level flight over the reef to Lizard Island (flight time approx. 1 hour).
- Board Spoilsport mid-morning where you will be served drinks and snacks while our Trip Director gives you a welcome briefing.
- Time to organise any rental equipment and put your dive gear together on the dive deck.
- 12:45 pm: Dive brief and dive
- 2:00 pm: Lunch
- 3:45 pm: Dive brief and dive
- 4:45 pm: Afternoon tea
- 6:00 pm: Dive brief and night dive
- 8:00 pm: Dinner
Tuesday: (4 dives + night dive) This is a sample of a ‘typical day’, however exact times may vary to optimise the prevailing weather conditions on the day.
- 6:30 am: Wake up call, light breakfast available in dining room.
- 7:00 am: Dive brief & diving commences.
- 9:00 am: Full cooked breakfast.
- 10:30 am: Dive brief & diving. “Open decks” accommodate 1-2 dives either am or pm.
- 2:00 pm: Lunch
- 3:30 pm: Dive brief & diving
- 4:30 pm: Afternoon tea
- 6:30 pm: Night dive brief & dive
- 8:00 pm: Dinner
Wednesday: (4 dives)
- As per above. Exit last dive 5pm.
- As the sun sets we pour the champagne, lay out the nibbles and get ready for an Aussie BBQ party night. Don’t forget to wear your loudest tropical shirt or dress and sing along to music played by our talented crew.
- Spoilsport cruises back to Cairns overnight.
- Early morning docking.
- 7.00 am: Light breakfast.
- 8:00 am: Disembark and courtesy transfer to Cairns inner city hotels, the airport or our office where we can store your luggage until 5pm if you have a later flight.
- 12 scuba dive at pristine Cod Hole Great Barrier Reef locations
- Ribbon Reefs and Cod Hole
- Orientation dives for those who require supervision
- Reef Ecology Programme
- Night Dives
- Guaranteed access to restricted dive sites
- All chef-prepared meals catered for, including in-between snacks
- Complimentary soft drinks & wine with dinner
- Unlimited dive times
- 3 different Cod Hole dive sites per day (weather permitting)
* Dive Equipment Not Included – Available for rental on board
- Personal dive guides
- PADI Instruction: Advanced
- Naturalist & Photo/Video Gear hire Camera hire
Hire Gear can be organised onboard
- Item Cost Reg, Ocy, Gauges $15/day
- BCD $10/day Computer $12/day
- Snorkel Gear $5/day
- Light/Torch/Cyalume $10/day
- Wetsuit $10/day
- Safety Sausage (SMB) $10/trip
- Nautilus Lifeline GPS No charge
- All of the above $44/day
- 2L (13 cu.ft) Pony Bottle + Reg $15/day
- 15L (120cu.ft)
- Steel Bottle $25/day Nitrox fills $75/for 3 or 4 night
- Cyalume Light Stick $2/each
- Reef Tax
- Sole Occupancy Berth cost + 70%
- Fuel Levy – Standard Expeditions $0 (subject to change)
- Special Catering Admin Fee $30 per day
- Luggage Restriction 25KG (55lb) per person
- Personal Dive Guides $250/day (+ berth cost for guide) or $50/dive
What to bring
- Cash or Credit Card for purchases
- Personal clothes and toiletries,
- Sun cream, swimming clothes and a hat
- Own dive equipment unless you have pre-booked rental equipment
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- We recommend that you allow 24 hours between your last dive and your onward flight (all diving is finished by 5 pm Wednesday).
- A luggage allowance applies to the flight from Cairns to Lizard Island:
- 25kg / 55lb per person plus 3kg / 6.5lb – carry on.
- An additional 10kg/22lb is allowed for professional photo/video housed systems.